Step by Step Process to Play at an Indian Online Casino
Indians are growing quite interested in gambling with the availability of new online platforms. The online casino market in India is trending among players who love popular games like poker and local games such as Teen Patti. The emerging popularity of mobile gaming in India is working in favour of online casinos in India.
The online gambling market in India is escalating with the opening of websites like PokerStars in the past decade. As more Indian players are joining online casinos, real money investments are growing by an estimated 20% annually.
If you are willing to play at an online casino for real money, follow these steps:
- Choose the best online casino and click on the registration window. Before registering, understand how the website works and read all the terms and conditions.
- Fill up the required details correctly. You will be required to enter personal information like name, contact details and bank account details.
- After successfully creating your account, you will have to make your first deposit. Choose your preferred method of deposit from all the available options like a credit card, debit card, eWallet and others.
- Enter your deposit amount and click on the confirm option. Some online casinos in India have a specific minimum deposit amount.
- After depositing your money, you are likely to receive a welcome bonus. Use the welcome bonus to play any game of your choice and get ready to win more.
Note: Some online casinos offer a welcome bonus before making your first deposit.
Is It Safe to Choose an Indian Casino Site for Real Money?
The popularity of online gambling platforms is constantly on the rise. While playing at an best online casino offers a lot of conveniences, its safety is often questioned. However, it is not too complicated to find a safe online casino real money if you are careful. The top factors in determining the safety of a real money online casino are as follows:
- Use of latest security measures: Indian players need to ensure that their money will be protected while wagering at an online casino. Casino security and a safe e-banking system are some prerequisites in the online gambling industry. IT experts are developing 128-bit and 256-bit SSL to guarantee the complete security of all transactions at an online casino.
- online casino will ensure that your information will not be accessible to third parties, either intentionally or unintentionally.
Fairness of games: A safe online casino for real money will ensure that players participate in a fair game. The games should not be rigged to deliver partial results. Before playing at an online casino, you should ensure a legitimate chance of winning the games.
Best Online Casinos in India
Founded in 2006, Betway offers around 400 games to players. They have a user-friendly mobile app and offer a payout percentage of 97.55%.
- Welcome bonus up to Rs 2500
- Live casino games offered by Evolution Gaming
- Fast payout speed of 1-2 days
2. Royal Panda
If you are in search of an online casino with easy banking methods, Royal Panda is the best choice. The withdrawal process on the gambling website is easy, secure and fast.
- Huge welcome bonus of Rs 80000
- Weekly bamboo bonus
- 24/7 customer support
3. Leo Vegas
It is one of the best online casinos in India, with over two thousand games. It is also a sportsbook where players can bet on thirty different sports.
- Welcome bonus of up to Rs 10000
- More than 50 variants of blackjack
- Bet in a variety of global cricket leagues
4. Spin Casino
The online casino is great for slot players. You can also find a variety of table games like online roulette, poker, and blackjack.
- Welcome bonus of Rs 100000 spread over three installments
- Around 375 high-quality slots
- Daily jackpots available for players
5. Play OJO
The European casino offers a range of superior quality games to Indian players. The live dealer section is particularly attractive for high rollers who want to place large bets.
- Welcome bonus of 50 free spins
- More than 3000 games
- No limits on bonus winnings
The online casino for real money offers a 100% match deposit to new players. They provide more than 400 games to play on the website.
- Welcome package of Rs 168000 and 500 free spins
- Games offered by leading developers like Microgaming and NetEnt
- Diverse payment options, including INB
7. Jackpot City Casino
Gamblers planning to win huge jackpots will be impressed by this website. They offer a separate mobile casino to players, which can be downloaded on Android and iOS.
- Welcome bonus up to Rs 160000
- Operated for more than 20 years
- More than 50 classic table games
Fun88 provides players with regular promotional offers. It is also a comprehensive sportsbook apart from being an easy-to-use gambling website.
- Welcome bonus up to Rs 15000
- Exclusive live casino games and poker variations
- Strong focus on cricket betting
9. Royal Vegas
Royal Vegas is the best online casino for high rollers. They offer more than 700 games to gamblers.
- Welcome bonus up to Rs 12000
- More than 40 high-quality live games developed by Microgaming and Evolution Gaming
- The variety of minimum and maximum stakes makes it suitable for even low-stake gamblers
10. Genesis Casino
The casino has tweaked its website design to impress Indian players. Genesis Casino offers more than a thousand games.
- Welcome bonus of Rs 30000 and 20 free spins
- Join the VIP club to get a personal account manager and enjoy other benefits
- Free spins every Monday
11. 888 Casino
888 Casino is one of the best gambling apps for real money. The app offers instant play with no required downloads and creates an enticing experience for players.
- 100% welcome bonus with 88 free spins
- 100% cashback option
- A vast collection of table games
The website offers an outstanding collection of live casino games to users. The casino is regulated and licensed by Curacao.
- Welcome bonus up to Rs 10000
- Progressive jackpot slots and video poker machines
- Top software providers like Evolution Gaming and NetEnt
Wildz casino is a reliable and trustworthy gambling platform for new players. Players can win up to ten million in jackpot slots.
- Welcome bonus of 25 free spins to the Book of Dead
- Up to Rs 50,000 on the first deposit
- Award winning customer support with responsible gambling features
Founded in 1994, PariMatch is highly appealing to casino players in India. The website caters to players with different budgets, including high rollers.
- Multi-tiered welcome bonus amounting to Rs 210000 with 300 free spins
- Promotions focused on Indian players
- More than 110 live casino games
The modern website is user-friendly, with around a thousand casino games. You can get customized customer support along with a personal account manager.
- Welcome bonus up to Rs 25000
- No wagering option bonuses
- Tournaments with sporadic gifts throughout the year
Types of Bonuses to Look for at Leading Casino in India
- Deposit bonus: Players receive a deposit bonus when they make a deposit on an online gambling websites also on cricket betting sites. Deposit bonuses can be 50-100% of the amount deposited and sometimes even more. However, sometimes you might be required to fulfill wagering requirements to receive your deposit bonus. Usually, slot bets are counted at 100%, but wagers made at other games might contribute very little or nothing.
- No-deposit bonus: A no deposit bonus casino offers the bonus amount without taking any deposit money from the players. no deposit bonus casino often have high wagering requirements and other conditions. To make the most out of no deposit bonuses, players need to find casinos that offer free spins along with a bonus amount.
- Loyalty bonuses: The best online casinos reward players who have stuck with them for a long time. Loyalty or VIP bonuses are often higher than regular promotions. You should look for loyalty bonuses with low rollover requirements, which allow you to withdraw winnings faster.
- Free spins: Online casinos in India offer free spins to players quite frequently, and they are particularly attractive for video slot players. Sometimes free spins might have wagering requirements. Don’t miss out on these offers, as they can offer a handsome payout.
- Welcome bonus: A welcome bonus is awarded to new players when they join an online casino for real money. It is often a combination of free spins and a deposit bonus. Players often need to fulfil a playthrough requirement before withdrawing their welcome bonus.
- Cashback bonus: While playing on gambling apps for real money, you are likely to win and lose some money. A cashback can help in covering your losses up to 20-30%. You might have to meet a wagering requirement for the bonus credit.
- Payment-method bonus: They are a rare type of bonus offered at the top casinos. Online casinos often collaborate with payment processing companies like Neteller and Skrill to offer these bonuses. The payment methods encourage players to pay using methods other than credit cards.
How to Look for the Best Online Casinos in India
- Check certifications and license: While playing at an online casino for real money, you should always check whether a regulatory body licenses them. If the platform does not clearly indicate its licensing information, you should look for other platforms.
- Identify payment methods: While looking for online casinos in India, the safety of transactions is an important factor to consider. You also need to check the available methods for withdrawals and deposits on the online gambling platform.
- Focus on the type of games: You need to focus on the type of games offered on the gambling platform. For instance, beginners will look for classic casino games such Playtechas slots that every online casino offers. Experienced players look for more advanced games and especially live casino games. You should also see if the online casino offers variations of popular games like poker and roulette.
- Availability of gaming software providers: The gaming software provider will give you an idea regarding the quality of games offered on the website. Some online casinos offer games from more than one leading software developer. Some trustworthy gaming software developers include Microgaming, NetEnt, Evolution Gaming, International Game Technology and Playtech.
- Look for promotions and bonuses: The best online casino will offer exciting bonuses and promotions to players from time to time. You should pick an online casino that rewards both new and existing players.
- Check the availability of mobile apps: Choose an online casino in India with a mobile app. It will ensure that you can enjoy popular games like blackjack and baccarat even on the go.
- Look for safety features: With so many online casinos available, you need to find a legitimate one. Look at the safety features of the gambling platform before investing your money. For instance, check whether the online casino has a feature for responsible gambling.
- Consider the online reputation of the site: Before registering at the online casino, you should check its reputation. Read detailed reviews about the casino to know how it works.
- Play with country-specific operators: You need to ensure that the operator accepts players from India. All gambling operators are not eligible to operate within the country. Therefore, choosing a country-specific operator will help you avoid legal issues.
The Rise of Online Gambling
Gambling Practices in Ancient India
Gambling has been prevalent in India for quite a long time. In the mythological text of Ramayana, written in 7300 BC, we find the mention of gambling. In Ramayana, a positive attitude towards gambling was reflected, and the game was not considered taboo. Mahabharata, written in 3200 BC, has a vivid account of gambling as well. But a negative attitude towards gambling could be seen in Mahabharata.
During the early 300 BC, Buddhists used the nuts of Vibhitaka trees as dice. When the dice were replaced by astragali, the game of Pasa was discovered. Later, Indians also became fond of playing with animals like cockfights and the more progressive horse racing. Even the game of playing cards can be associated with various Indian symbols.
Gambling is an ancient human activity beginning with marking sticks and interpreting the outcomes. Some points in the Bible also hint toward gambling. For instance, the casting of lots by Roman guards to decide the garment of Jesus during crucifixion is somewhat similar to gambling. The activities are not similar to the modern connotation of gambling, but they were based on destiny and fate.
During the 15th century, gambling and lotteries became even more predominant. The Government and large organizations permitted gambling around this time. Legal houses for gambling were set up during the 17th century, with mathematicians using calculations to consider it more seriously. It led to the birth of the theory of probability in gambling.
Rise of Gambling and Casinos in India
The gambling ecosystem in India is currently going through its Renaissance phase. According to surveys, around 40% of India’s population has been engaged in online gambling. The figure is quite close to the number of gamblers in the UK.
The gambling industry in India is likely to witness an annual increase of 41% by 2024. The market for online casino real money and fantasy sports grew substantially due to the stay-at-home orders to curb the coronavirus pandemic.
Gambling operators are targeting people within the age group of 25-45 years as they see gambling as a source of entertainment that can also help them make extra cash on the side. A few reasons that contributed to the popularity of online casinos in India are as follows:
- Authentic gambling experience: best online casinos in India offer Indians the experience of a real casino with a wide variety of games, including live dealer games. The online gambling industry has enabled Indians to enjoy it from the comfort of their homes.
- Smartphone technology and cheap internet: More than 500 million Indians now own a smartphone and get a cheap internet connection on it. It has enabled Indians to play at best online casinos from their mobile phone at any time of the day.
Legal Status and Gambling Regulations
According to the Indian constitution, every state government has full jurisdiction over deciding whether gambling is legal in the state. In India, gambling can be put under the following categories:
- Game of chance: Any game of chance is played randomly, and the players don’t require specific knowledge or understanding to play these games. The outcome of such games is based on luck.
- Game of skill: A game of skill requires a player to have prior experience or knowledge. An individual will need skills like logical thinking and analytical decision-making to play these games.
The legal position of gambling in India, according to specific states, is as follows:
- According to the Public Gambling Act 1976, online casinos and brick-and-mortar casinos are legal in states like Goa, Nagaland, Sikkim and Daman.
- According to the Bombay Prevention of Gambling Act, 1976, gambling is considered illegal in the state of Maharashtra.
- Real money gaming is banned in Telangana according to the Telangana Prevention of Dangerous Activities Bill 2017.
- Online rummy is banned in Kerala. But other games of skill like online poker and fantasy sports are not yet illegal in the state.
- Gujarat has a lot of restrictions on gambling. But the law does not specify whether online gambling is legal or not.
- Online gaming is banned in Tamil Nadu due to various suicide cases of youths who lost money to gaming, which became prevalent.
- According to the Andhra Pradesh Gaming (Amendment) Ordinance, 2020, playing online casino real money is strictly banned in Andhra Pradesh.
- As of 2022, operations of online casinos are not illegal in Karnataka.
- Is Indian currency accepted at online casinos?
Several online casinos in India accept Indian currency. But casinos that don’t accept Indian rupees usually offer exchange services.
- When will I receive my casino winnings?
The payout speed differs from one casino to another, and it also depends on your chosen withdrawal method. An eWallet is the fastest way to receive a payout from any casino.
- What is the minimum age for online gambling in India?
You must be at least 18 years old in India to enter a licensed gambling centre. Players need to be over the age of 18 for online gambling in India.
- Is online gambling legal in India?
Whether online gambling is legal in India varies from one state to another. While some states have prohibited gambling, others allow it.
- Do I need to make deposits to get my bonus on a gambling website?
Players are not always required to make a deposit to get their bonus on a gambling website. You can find a no deposit bonus casino where you can receive a bonus for signing up.
- Can I play at an online casino from my mobile?
The best gambling apps for real money have a mobile-friendly interface. Players can now engage in online gambling even on the go.
Online casinos in India have become a great alternative to brick-and-mortar ones. Players can now win real money at an online casino and enjoy various other perks like bonuses and promotions. You only need to be a little cautious and find a safe online gambling platform.
Updated on July 07, 2022
” width=”20″ height=”20″>